Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Death by Carrot

High school football coach charged in player's death - CNN.com
High school football coach charged in player's death(CNN) -- A popular Kentucky high school football coach was arraigned Monday on a reckless homicide charge in the heat-exhaustion-related death of one of his players.The player collapsed August 20 during a summer practice and died three days later


After three days of calming myself, I finally write this.

Those who know my work can guess who I blame.

The Company: Interitus Inc.

http://interitus.blogspot.com/

This is a name I have given to the combine composed of Government, Corporation, and Religion.

This child died for Monogamy.

This child died for the ideal of men and boys competing to the death for the right to lease the prettiest girl from The Company.

That's why we have cheerleaders. To remind them why they fight. And make no mistake Sport is a fight. And obviously some die. So many are hurt in this constant battle that we have a whole field of medicine devoted to their repair. Sports medicine they call it. I say they rename it to veterinary science since we treat these poor children like beasts anyway.

Beyond the blatant sexism of it, which should need no explanation what with the total number of co ed popular professional sports leagues being zero, and again cheerleaders, there is the question of racism: white team owners, white coaches, black players.

I could do a book on the harm done by sports.

Sex is the only animal need you can deny a person long term and not kill them outright. And to keep us from climbing the hierarchy of needs and becoming self actualized people whom The Company cannot control, they do just that. They keep us starved and weak. Thinking about skirts and pom poms instead of where do they get the right to treat us this way?

They take young women and hang them like a carrot on a stick in front of these human mules. They teach men to fight each other for sex, lest we look around and fight them for freedom.

Why do I have to pay to show my love? Why do I have to fight to show my love? Why do I have to compete to show my love? Why does there have the be a loser in order for me to win? Why do I have to obey rules I had no say in making? Why is the old way the only way? Why does respect mean obedience?

These questions are not asked by horny teens.

We starve them, we put them in cages, we make them fight, and sometimes they die.

If you love your children as human beings.

Keep them away from school.

I can say no more because I could say so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment