Friday, August 8, 2008

Shooting debate, continued.

From here...

Well thank you.

I'm glad :)

Them being armed to me is irrelevant. Anything can be a weapon.

As to your imagination of what will piss off a parent, you need to understand that you are assuming the parent is rational. Many aren't. Some would argue that rationality is nearly dead in our culture except with regard to finance, and even thats only the short term.

You also assume the parents don't do anything illegal. Maybe they smoke a joint from time to time (which I condone, and for the record no I don't do drugs, I just know that the drug war kills more people than drugs ever did because I've read a book or two.)

Locking yourself in is not a good idea. Why am I the only one that understands the mechanics of being bullied? A door will not save you, they'll just wait and catch you later and now that you've hidden and shown them your fear it will be 1000 times worse. The way to deal with a bully is confront them, or avoid them entirely which is not possible since parents force their kids to go to the state mind wipe camp.

And again, of course there were tons of different solutions for that very moment, that we can think of given our age wisdom distance and safety. But what if we were scared out of our wits and had 5 minutes?

Then there is the simple matter of satisfaction. Having saved my own ass with a bb gun as a child (they didn't know it was a bb gun), vs 3 opponents coincidentally, I know what good it does all involved.

1.The bully stopped being a bully, because suddenly in his mind anyone could be dangerous, this kept him backed off till he simply out grew being a dickhead, and that could have saved someone's life. I live in the state that invented school shooting.
2.I knew that being small did not mean I was powerless. I learned a whole new system of thought which included value beyond might. And thats another important lesson many of us still haven't learned. Our culture demands that men constantly fight each other like bucks in heat over women and power, I think if more bullies caught a non fatal bullet that crap and the associated social horrors might trim down just a tad.

So in closing, I still think she did damn well considering. Is it the best set of decisions in the world? Nope, but then its doesn't have to be. After all, no one died.

“Look at it this way, in 100 years, who's gunna care?”

4 comments:

  1. I understand what you're saying. I was bullied as well when I was young quite badly. But a gun in my mind was -never- an option, when I was getting hit on the bus, beaten in the school bathrooms, or just teased relentlessly. I'm definitely on the girl's side...but at the same time I cannot say I'd be happy had she aimed better and hit something vital either.

    You're right. I assume the parents are rational and law abiding and I probably shouldnt just because I am. But I can only talk about the things I know and I dont know anything about druggie parents or worse.

    I do agree that perhaps it would do her worse to have locked herself in, but at the same time, these kids were family and honestly the parents should have stepped in LONG before now.

    And yuh, this is ms garda. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She DID aim well. She didn't want to kill the girl, just get her point across. She aimed far below center mass, hitting her in the lower leg, her CALF. A shot in the leg definitely says, "Look bitch, im being nice, this could be a lot worse."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've nailed it pounce (I know who it is heheh).

    The point is indeed neglect. I'm tired of good parenting being synonymous with restrictions and controls.

    I was only formally punished once in my whole life by my parents and that was by making me stay in the house for a day. I have no idea why and it was a big joke really for all concerned.

    My parents had long before earned and still to this day retain my deepest respect.

    As a result I didn't merely obey them or mimic them like the trained monkey most parents seem to want.

    I listened to what they had to say, I tried to understand their perspective, I learned what it was to be an adult, and to be hip deep in the human condition.

    Virtually every element of this story speaks of botched parenting and disrespect shown the girl until she simply could not function anymore.

    People are like computers, garbage in garbage out, you treat someone badly and they'll act badly.

    This is happening constantly, especially to women. They receive so much external discipline as children because of the collective obsession with their sexuality, and who they give it to, coupled with the sterotypical emotional conditioning, that they develop almost no self discipline until college almost.

    They become impulsive and rash, and sometimes quite brutal.

    Children in the united states as a whole effectively have two childhoods. One at home and one at college. Isolation, communication control, sheltering, strictness, external discipline, none of these things are conducive to growth as a self actualized person.

    Obedience through fear or greed, is not virtue, its victimization.

    This event speaks of a long standing pattern, and a reason that transcends the details.

    A reason you nailed solidly. Lame parenting.

    No remorse:

    Agreed, a calf shot with a 22 rifle from close range speaks of non-lethal intent or a level of incompetence and sheer bad luck that boggles the mind.

    Of course in our twisted legal system this will no doubt show guilt of some kind, since it shows intent to shoot. If I were her I'd claim accident, and I hope she didn't fire her mouth off before the rifle. Gloating can ruin a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three people against one, in mos states, mine being one, is considered a gang assault and lethal force is then permissable.

    ReplyDelete